Dr Paul Dedman
Dr Paul Dedman has been at Priory Hospital Bristol for over 20 years. He is an experienced general adult psychiatrist who is able to treat a wide range of conditions using both medication and psychological therapy.
Dr Dedman studied medicine at Cardiff University and then completed postgraduate training in both psychiatry and in general practice, in London. He has held consultant appointments in Australia and in the NHS. He has been an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Bristol.
Research articles and published papers
Dr Dedman has conducted research into eating disorders, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), bipolar disorder and community psychiatry.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB BCh)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (FRCPsych)
- General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register for Adult Psychiatry
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP)