Dr Paula Murphy
Dr Paula Murphy started as a visiting consultant for Priory in 2018. Currently, she is based at Lifeworks, Old Woking.
Dr Murphy qualified as a doctor in 2001. She trained at the University of Aberdeen Medical School where she obtained a Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery. She started her training in psychiatry in 2005 (Royal Free rotation, London) and became a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2009. She undertook specialist training in Forensic Psychiatry (Maudsley Rotation, London) between 2009-2012. Dr Murphy has worked as a Consultant since 2012 and also acts as an expert witness to the courts.
Dr Murphy holds a Master’s degree in Public Health and Health Services Management at the London School Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. She completed a scholarship with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in 2014/15 and is an elected executive board member of the Forensic Faculty of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Dr Murphy’s interests include clinical leadership and management. She was a ‘Prepare to Lead’ candidate in 2010/11, a scheme aimed at preparing doctors for leadership roles.
- She has publications in a number of peer-reviewed journals and books.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- CCT Specialist Register in Forensic Psychiatry, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Diploma in Public health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- MSc Master’s degree in Public Health/Health Services Management, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine