I aim to provide excellent quality of care for my patients, with my years of experience and knowledge of working psychiatry of adults of working age. I am receptive to feedback from patients and their families, which helps to improve my practice.
Dr Prabhakaran Naveen
Dr Prabhakaran Naveen is a visiting consultant psychiatrist at The Priory Wellbeing Centre in Bristol, providing assessment and management of mental disorders in Adults of working age group.
- Dr Naveen obtained his medical degree (MBBS) in 1997 at Calicut Medical College (Calicut University, Kerala, India) and moved to England in 1999. He started working in the NHS from 2000.
- Dr Naveen completed his post graduate psychiatric training at the Severn Deanery from April 2001- February 2005, and obtained Membership to the Royal College of Psychiatrists, London (MRCPsych) in 2006.
- From 2005 until November 2013, Dr Naveen worked as a specialty doctor, associate specialist and locum consultant psychiatrist, in BaNES community mental health teams, early intervention team in psychosis and Home treatment & crisis team.
- From November 2013 until November 2019, Dr Naveen was the consultant psychiatrist for the adult psychiatric inpatient unit in Bath, initially as a locum post which later became substantive.
- Since November 2019, Dr Naveen has worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist in Primary Care Liaison Service (PCLS) in Bath, which is one of the access services for mental health referrals.
Additional credentials of Dr Prabhakaran Naveen include:
- Good professional standing for CPD (Continuing Professional development) with the Royal College of Psychiatrists, London (CPD cycle from March to Feb)
- Section 12(2) approved doctor and an Approved Clinician under The Mental Health Act 1983 (Renewal date is 22 June 2021)
- Educational and Clinical supervisor for Core & Advance Trainees and Clinical Supervisor for Foundation doctors and GP trainees in Psychiatry, for Severn Deanery
- Currently the Medical Lead for BaNES (AWP NHS Trust) since April 2018
- Provided input into the AWP NHS Trust -Medicines Optimisation group prior to 2018, which reviews policies and procedures for safe use of medication within AWP NHS Trust.
- Involved in mental health service improvement alongside his primary care colleagues in Primary Care networks (PCNs-BaNES) and with the CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group for BaNES, Swindon and Wiltshire).
- Next NHS Revalidation is due in 2024.
- Dr Naveen has undertaken audits as part of his training, and also participated in nationally audits (Royal College of Psychiatrists)
- Entry to Specialist Register of the GMC (General Psychiatry)
- Master of Laws in Legal Aspects of Medical Practice, Cardiff Law school, Cardiff University
- MBBS (Calicut medical College, Calicut University Kerala, India)
- MRCPsych -Membership to the Royal College of Psychiatrists