I aim to provide excellent quality of care for my patients, with my years of experience and knowledge of working psychiatry of adults of working age. I am receptive to feedback from patients and their families, which helps to improve my practice.
Dr Prabhakaran Naveen
Consultant Psychiatrist for Adults of Working Age
Main location190 Aztec West
Dr Prabhakaran Naveen
Dr Prabhakaran Naveen is a visiting consultant psychiatrist at The Priory Wellbeing Centre in Bristol, providing assessment and management of mental disorders in Adults of working age group.
- Dr Naveen obtained his medical degree (MBBS) in 1997 at Calicut Medical College (Calicut University, Kerala, India) and moved to England in 1999. He started working in the NHS from 2000.
- Dr Naveen completed his post graduate psychiatric training at the Severn Deanery from April 2001- February 2005, and obtained Membership to the Royal College of Psychiatrists, London (MRCPsych) in 2006.
- From 2005 until November 2013, Dr Naveen worked as a specialty doctor, associate specialist and locum consultant psychiatrist, in BaNES community mental health teams, early intervention team in psychosis and Home treatment & crisis team.
- From November 2013 until November 2019, Dr Naveen was the consultant psychiatrist for the adult psychiatric inpatient unit in Bath, initially as a locum post which later became substantive.
- Since November 2019, Dr Naveen has worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist in Primary Care Liaison Service (PCLS) in Bath, which is one of the access services for mental health referrals.
Additional credentials of Dr Prabhakaran Naveen include:
- Good professional standing for CPD (Continuing Professional development) with the Royal College of Psychiatrists, London (CPD cycle from March to Feb)
- Section 12(2) approved doctor and an Approved Clinician under The Mental Health Act 1983 (Renewal date is 22 June 2021)
- Educational and Clinical supervisor for Core & Advance Trainees and Clinical Supervisor for Foundation doctors and GP trainees in Psychiatry, for Severn Deanery
- Currently the Medical Lead for BaNES (AWP NHS Trust) since April 2018
- Provided input into the AWP NHS Trust -Medicines Optimisation group prior to 2018, which reviews policies and procedures for safe use of medication within AWP NHS Trust.
- Involved in mental health service improvement alongside his primary care colleagues in Primary Care networks (PCNs-BaNES) and with the CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group for BaNES, Swindon and Wiltshire).
- Next NHS Revalidation is due in 2024.
- Dr Naveen has undertaken audits as part of his training, and also participated in nationally audits (Royal College of Psychiatrists)
Find a treatment location
- Entry to Specialist Register of the GMC (General Psychiatry)
- Master of Laws in Legal Aspects of Medical Practice, Cardiff Law school, Cardiff University
- MBBS (Calicut medical College, Calicut University Kerala, India)
- MRCPsych -Membership to the Royal College of Psychiatrists