Dr Rajeev Krishnadas
Dr Rajeev Krishnadas is a visiting consultant at the Priory Hospital, Glasgow. He is also a consultant psychiatrist at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde and an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Glasgow. Dr Krishnadas completed his basic medical training and psychiatric training from Bombay University, India. He then worked as a consultant psychiatrist in India before moving to the UK, bringing extensive experience in managing patients who speak Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi. He then completed his advanced training in general adult psychiatry along with a PhD in psychological medicine, from the University of Glasgow. He sees adults with a wide range of mental health problems, like depression, psychosis, anxiety and bipolar disorder.
Dr Krishnadas works on Fridays at the Priory. Evening consultations can be accommodated at request.
- MBBS - 1998 - University of Calicut, India.
- MD - Psychological medicine- 2003 - Bombay University, India.
- Diplomate of National Board - Psychiatry - 2006 - Ministry of Health - India.
- MRCPsych - 2008 - Royal College of Psychiatrist - UK
- PhD - 2014 - University of Glasgow, UK
Dr Krishnadas is interested in how bodily functions affect the brain, resulting in poor mental health. Particularly, the link between inflammation and the brain. His research is based within the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde and the University of Glasgow.
Clinical articles and research papers
- View the bibliography of Dr Rajeev Krishnadas' research papers here
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Tourette's Syndrome