Dr Rajeev Krishnadas
Dr Rajeev Krishnadas is a visiting consultant at the Priory Hospital Glasgow. He is also a consultant psychiatrist at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde and an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Glasgow. He also sees adults with a wide range of mental health problems, like depression, psychosis, anxiety and bipolar disorder.
Dr Krishnadas completed his basic medical training and psychiatric training from Bombay University, India. He then worked as a consultant psychiatrist in India before moving to the UK, bringing extensive experience in managing patients who speak Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi. He then completed his advanced training in general adult psychiatry along with a PhD in psychological medicine, from the University of Glasgow.
Dr Krishnadas works Monday to Thursday evenings from 6PM to 8PM at the Priory. This can be arranged via video call, if needed.
- MBBS - 1998 - University of Calicut, India.
- MD - Psychological medicine- 2003 - Bombay University, India.
- Diplomate of National Board - Psychiatry - 2006 - Ministry of Health - India.
- PhD - 2014 - University of Glasgow, UK
- FRCPsych - 2020 - Royal College of Psychiatrist - UK
Dr Krishnadas is interested in how bodily functions affect the brain, resulting in poor mental health. Particularly, the link between inflammation and the brain. His research is based within the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde and the University of Glasgow.
Clinical articles and research papers
- View the bibliography of Dr Rajeev Krishnadas' research papers here
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Tourette's Syndrome