No.1, 3rd Floor
Dr Rebecca Park
Dr Rebecca Park joined the Priory in 2020 and is passionate about providing the best standard of clinical care. She has experience with both children/adolescents and adults with eating disorders, so is happy to accept referrals of any age.
As an expert in Eating Disorders, Rebecca provides a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan of each persons Eating Disorder and coexisting psychiatric problems. She then liaises with therapists trained in evidence based treatments (such as CBT-e and FBT-family based treatment) to offer all her patients the best chance of recovery.
- Rebecca qualified in medicine and neuroscience in Bristol UK. She went on to train in Psychiatry in Edinburgh, then specialising in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in London.
- After completing a PhD in Developmental Psychiatry at the University of Cambridge she was appointed as the first NHS Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Eating Disorders in Oxford in 2002, where she helped establish Oxford’s Inpatient, daypatient and community services and was particularly involved with supporting students.
- In 2007, Rebecca was awarded a prestigious Clinical Senior Lecturer Fellowship at the University of Oxford, which allowed her to develop a research team, alongside clinical work.
- Rebecca worked in Oxfordshire’s NHS eating disorders services as a Consultant Psychiatrist until 2019, and is currently an Associate Professor and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at the University of Oxford.
Extensive clinical experience with patients is central to her academic work. She particularly values the voice of patients to guide the development of exciting new approaches to treatment, striving to reduce stigma, promote recovery and reduce the toll of eating disorders on individuals and their families.
- Rebecca's research into novel treatments is internationally esteemed and has featured in the public domain on BBC radio 4, Science magazine, and the Guardian.
Below is some of the recent feedback Rebecca has received from patients and their families:
- I have had many encounters with mental health practitioners and Rebecca has far outshone any of them. She is professional, empathetic, research based but very much the patients advocate. She has given me honest advice and I trust her implicitly. I cannot speak highly enough of her.
- I have rarely come across someone who so clearly seems to understand and who shows such genuine care. Most of all she has given me hope and a feeling of someone walking alongside me to help.
- Dr Park is one of the most knowledgeable and compassionate clinicians I have met in my 12 years in eating disorder services. I feel safe, understood and respected by her and feel that she listens to me. She not only provides a lot of expert knowledge in her approach but genuine warmth and care.
- Professor Park has offered me deep compassion and understanding throughout a challenging phase of my life.
- Professor Park is professional, supportive, caring and friendly. She has a calm and reassuring approach and she has been and remains by our side every step of the way.
- I have great respect and admiration for Professor Park and would like to thank her for her endless hard work, kindness and understanding. Totally worthwhile.
- She takes a holistic and person-centred approach. When I was at university she helpfully liaised with my university as well as home eating disorders service.
- From many years experience as a patient finding a good psychiatrist is very hard to come by. However, Dr Park has been incredible. She is up to date with the latest research, which instils confidence. She responds to questions or emails straight away and has helped alleviate immense stress caused by other people’s poor communication skills by herself being so approachable, caring and empathetic.
- I have been ill for years and everyone seemed stuck with me and stopped seeing any hope in my recovery. However, Dr Park has given me a sense of hope back again. She does so in a way which is realistic and appreciative of just how hard it will be to achieve the necessary changes. However, to have found someone that even has more than a 1% belief in me means more than words can describe to someone in my position.
- Rebecca has given me renewed hope that my daughter can recover from Anorexia. She has always listened to my concerns and answered my questions in a kind clear and concise manner with the upmost professionalism…she has always gone the extra mile to provide the highest standard of care.
- I have been hugely impressed by Rebecca Park in my recent support for my wife, by her care and attention in all aspects of this care; I am deeply grateful for this support.
- 1. MB BCh (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery )
- 2. BSc (Bachelor of Science)
- 3. PhD in Psychiatry, University of Cambridge
- 4. FRCPsych ( Fellow of Royal College of Psychiatrists)