Dr Richard Penrose
Dr Richard Penrose became a Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry with an interest in Old Age Psychiatry at St George’s and Springfield Hospitals in London and Epsom General and West Park Hospitals in Surrey.
He is now engaged in private practice, consulting at the Priory Hospital, Roehampton and Ashtead Hospital, Surrey. He has a particular interest in treating Affective Disorders including treatment resistant conditions. He has special expertise in treating elderly patients with psychiatric illnesses, including early diagnosis and management of dementia.
Dr Richard's specialities include:
- Anxiety disorders including panic & phobic disorders
- Psychiatric difficulties of students
- Depressive disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Treatment resistant conditions & 2nd opinions
- Psychiatric problems in the elderly including early recognition and management of dementia
- Home/hospital visits if necessary
- Assessment of mental status in regard to making a will (testamentary capacity)
- Giving Lasting Power of Attorney.
Dr Penrose completed his training in Psychiatry at Charing Cross Hospital and St George’s Hospital, London.
Dr Penrose has been the Chairman of various committees including the Medical Staff Committee for Mid Surrey Mental Health Services, the Research Ethics Committee at Epsom General Hospital and West Park Hospitals, and Registrar Training Scheme at St George’s Hospital and Mole Valley. His services have also been called upon, at various times, by the mental health charity, MIND.
He served as a member of the Part II Board of examiners at the Royal College of Psychiatrists and was a founding member of the British Association for Psychopharmacology.
Clinical articles and research papers
His publications in peer reviewed journals include papers on the treatment of depression and on life events.
- MB.BS. LRCP. MRCS. DPM. FRCPsych