Dr Sahanah Olety
Dr Sahana Olety obtained her medical degree from Bangalore University India. Dr Olety has been working as an NHS Psychiatrist since 2004 and has been a member of Royal College of Psychiatrists since 2007.
Dr Olety did her general psychiatric training at Oxford and child psychiatric training at Manchester. She has been working as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in the NHS for over 10 years. She has an active interest in teaching, health service improvement and service-based research.
She is highly experienced in managing a wide range of emotional, behavioural, and mental health problems in children and young people including ADHD, ASD, tic disorders, adjustment disorders, attachment disorders, PTSD, depression, anxiety, phobias, eating disorders, psychosis and emerging personality disorders.
She provides a comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, and formulation of needs. She enjoys providing holistic, flexible, and family centred treatment which includes behavioural interventions, family interventions, educational adaptations, and medication. She provides assessment and follow ups for Neurodevelopmental conditions from ages 6 to 25.
Dr Olety joined Priory as a Visiting Consultant in 2016. She is available for consultations at Priory Wellbeing Centre Manchester on Saturdays between 12pm – 3pm. Dr Olety provides face-to-face and video appointments.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Dysphoria
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome