My aim is to assist children and young people to achieve the best outcomes in their development and preparation for adulthood. I believe that this is possible while attending to children’s and young people’s emotional and mental health needs as well as supporting their families and network around them.
Dr Skirma Povilenaite
Dr Povilenaite has been working as visiting consultant with Priory since 2015. Dr Povilenaite’s primary location is at Priory Hospital Chelmsford and she can also offer assessments in central London at, Priory Wellbeing Centre Fenchurch street and Harley Street. Dr Povilenaite also worked for the NHS since 2006, at a leading outpatient community based clinic in North East London.
Dr Povilenaite gained a Doctor Paediatrician’s Medical Degree and subsequent training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Vilnius University, Lithuania, in 1997. Her postgraduate training involves five years of group analysis training with Norwegian Group Analytic Institute, training courses on personality disorders, and child psychoanalytic treatments.
Having worked in the UK since 2006, Dr Povilenaite pursued further training at the University of East London, and the Tavistock and Portman NHD Foundation Trust where she acquired a Master’s degree in Psychoanalytic Approaches to Working with Adolescents.
Dr Povilenaite also trained in mentalisation based therapy for adolescents (MBT-A), mentalisation based therapy for families (MBT- F) and has been approved as MBT supervisor.
Whilst Dr Povilenaite provides assessments and treatment across the whole spectrum of child and adolescent mental health, from early year to 18 years, her main interest is adolescence and its difficulties, as well as early attachment and its impact on further development.
- Affective Disorders
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Panic Attack Treatment
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Young People’s Services
- Associate member of Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- MA in Psychoanalytic Approaches to Working with Adolescents, University of East London and Tavistock and Portman NHD Foundation Trust
- MBT supervisor
- MD, Doctor Paediatrician, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Member of ACAMH (The Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health