Viewing every client as a unique individual with differing needs and life experiences, I integrate a variety of therapy approaches to best suit your needs. I aspire to embody warmth, empathy and compassion in therapy, and provide a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space for you to explore your feelings. I also like to work collaboratively with you, instilling hope, and empowering you to make significant changes that will lead to a more fulfilled and authentic life.
Dr Sonia Kalsi
Dr Sonia Kalsi is a Counselling Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and an Integrative Psychotherapist registered with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Sonia has worked in mental health for over 25 years, and during this time, she has supported individuals with a wide range of psychological difficulties including depression, anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, trauma, relationship difficulties and bereavement. In her clinical practice, she integrates a range of therapy approaches including Psychodynamic therapy, Person-centred therapy & Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT).
Having worked in higher education in the UK for the past 14 years, she also has a specialist knowledge of student mental health issues. As an experienced mental health trainer in higher education, she continues to deliver training on mental health awareness to staff working in this sector and offers supervision and consultancy to mental health practitioners working in higher education institutions.
She has recently joined the Priory group and is based at the Priory Wellbeing Centre at Harley Street, London.
Dr Sonia Kalsi completed her professional doctoral training in counselling psychology and psychotherapy at the Metanoia Institute in London. As part of her doctoral training, she completed placements in the higher education sector, voluntary sector and private practice.
Alongside her training, Sonia has also completed a certificate in Coaching & Mentoring (Level 5 accreditation) at the Institute of Leadership & Management and attended a variety of workshops as part of her continuing professional development.
She is registered with the Health & Care Professions Council a(HCPC) and a chartered member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Sonia’s doctoral research was based on working with suicidality in Higher Education and she continues to have an interest in working with suicide risk and trauma.
Memberships of Professional Bodies
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)- Registered Counselling Psychologist
- British Psychological Society (BPS)- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol.)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)- Accreditation as Integrative Psychotherapist
- British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)- Registered Member
With specialist knowledge of Student Mental Health, I am experienced in working with issues including:
- Academic or Exam Stress
- Transition/Adjustment issues
- Presentation anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Psychology
- Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring Level 5
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Master of Science (MSc) Health Psychology
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology & Psychotherapy by Professional Studies (DCPsych)