I have been working in the mental health services for over 22 years and I have a wide range of experience in dealing with complex mental health presentations.
Dr Sumanta Gupta
Dr Sumanta Gupta is a highly experienced consultant psychiatrist who specialises in working with adults between the ages of 18-65 years, adopting a multidisciplinary approach. He has been a consultant psychiatrist for about 12 years and has worked in the NHS as well as the independent sector.
His current job role is as a consultant psychiatrist at Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal and Priory Wellbeing Centre Manchester. He is a member of The Royal College of Psychiatrists Board of Examiners and also a member and Medical Supervisor for GMC (General Medical Council) “Doctors Fitness to Practice” panel.
Position at Priory
- Consultant Psychiatrist, Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal, Fern Unit (Specialised female EUPD unit), and Priory Wellbeing Centre Manchester.
Dr Sumanta Gupta completed his training in psychiatry from Cambridge Deanery and is a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrist. He has attended relevant training courses in regards to medico-legal and expert witness training. He had also completed British Isles DBT (dialectical behaviour therapy) training which is relevant to his current specialism of leading and managing emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD) patients at Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal.
He has special experience and expertise in assessment, treatment and management of patients presenting with depression, anxiety and stress related disorders, bipolar disorder, deliberate self-harm and suicidal thoughts, psychotic illness, phobias, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorders) and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder).
In his previous role as a NHS consultant, he has supervised foundation doctors and core trainees in psychiatry for many years.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Gender Dysphoria
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- MBBS-Calcutta University, India
- MRCPsych-Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
- MSc (Master of Science) in Psychiatry-Keele University, UK