Dr Taseer Kazmi
Dr Kazmi has been a full time NHS Consultant since 2009 and has gained considerable clinical experience working in various services in Manchester. He has held a number of senior education and leadership positions including the posts of Training Programme Director, Lead Consultant and Associate Medical Director. He is currently the Director of Medical Education for Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.
He is an approved clinical and educational supervisor with responsibilities for training all grades of junior doctors. He sits on the clinical exam committee and is an examiner for the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He is an approved health assessor and medical supervisor for the GMC with responsibilities for the assessment of doctors with potentially impairing mental health conditions.
Dr Kazmi ultimately aims to provide a high quality, accessible and friendly service to all his patients.
Position at Priory
Visiting Consultant Psychiatrist at Priory Hospital Altrincham.
Dr Kazmi completed his undergraduate medical training at the University of Leicester and qualified in 2001. He moved back to Manchester where he completed all his postgraduate training working mostly in the Greater Manchester area. He qualified as a Consultant in 2009 and is on the GMC Specialist Register.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Certificate of Completion of Training in General and Liaison Psychiatry (GMC, 2009)
- MB ChB (University of Leicester, 2001)
- MRCPsych (Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2006)
- MSc (University of Manchester, 2009)