As a specialist eating disorder and mental health dietitian, I will assess nutritional needs and devise a personal meal plan to help clients reach their goals. I offer dietetic advice and support as well as monitoring progress through biochemistry and weight changes.
Elaine Munro is a specialist eating disorder dietitian, working at the Priory for 3 years, and qualified for 9 years. Elaine is Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered and a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA).
- BSc Honours degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics at Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Eating Disorders at Leeds Beckett University
Elaine recently qualified to use “Working to Overcome Eating Difficulties Guided Self-Help Manual” as part of post graduate qualification. She has ongoing interest into the benefits of guided self-help in comparison with pure self-help when supporting patients with an eating disorder.
Clinical articles and research papers:
- Fairburn, C G., Cooper, Z., and Shafran, R. (2003). Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Eating Disorders: A “transdiagnostic” theory and treatment. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 31(5). pp.509–528.
- Goss, K. and Allan, S. (2010). The development and application of compassion focused therapy for eating disorders (CFT-E). British Journal of Clinical Psychology, 53, pp. 62-77.
- Traviss, G. D., Heywood-Everett, S., and Hill, A. J. (2011) Guided self-help for disordered eating: a randomised control trial. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 49 (1) January, pp. 25- 35
- BSc Honours degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides and Polyols) Diet trained
- Post graduate certificate in Eating Disorders, including the use of “Working to Overcome Eating Difficulties Guided Self-Help Manual”