I am highly experienced in the treatment and management of Eating Disorders and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have a warm and empathic approach towards any individual who is struggling with mental health difficulties, and I places a strong focus on assisting individuals to work towards recovery and health whilst increasing their self-worth and developing a clearer sense of identity.
Elena Papageorgiou is the Senior Therapist for the Eating Disorders Unit at Glasgow Priory. She has worked for Priory for 11 years and oversees the therapy programme and therapy team for both in-patient and out-patient referrals. Elena liaises closely with the consultant psychiatry team and is involved in tailoring psychological care plans to suit the needs of the patients.
Elena’s background qualifications include an undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Glasgow. She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centred Therapy from the University of Strathclyde and a Post Graduate Diploma in CBT.
Elena is an accredited BABCP therapist and an accredited EEATS therapist and supervisor.
Links to clinical articles or research papers
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Personality Disorders
- Self Harm
- Young People’s Services
- EEATS ( Eating Disorders Education Training Scotland ) Therapist and Supervisor.
- M.A Psychology and Languages
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Post Graduate Diploma Person Centred Therapy