I am an experienced practitioner in cognitive analytic therapy (CAT). I provide brief, structured psychotherapy for those seeking to move forward in regards to how they relate to themselves and others. Additionally, I can offer the use of art therapy techniques during treatment, when ‘words are not enough’.
After working for seven years in the NHS, Frances came to work for Priory in a head occupational therapy role, where she had joint managerial and clinical responsibilities. While in this role, she completed her CAT training and now specialises predominately in her CAT practitioner role, as well as being qualified to clinically supervise staff.
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists, 1985
- Membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Certificate Course in Brief Psychotherapy - Cognitive Analytic Therapy, 1990
- Basic Training Certificate for CAT practitioner status, 1996 (completed at United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals)
- Certificate in Person-Centred Art Therapy, 1996 (Crawley College)
- CAT Supervision Training and Apprenticeship: Accreditation as CAT Supervisor, 2009 (issued by the Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy (ACAT))
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Diabetic Research Project - ‘A Trial of Cognitive Analytic Therapy in Poorly Controlled Type I Patients’ 1994. Original article - ‘Epidemiology/Health Services/Psychosocial Research’. Frances (maiden name ‘Wray’) was sponsored by the British Diabetic Grant Scheme to provide CAT acknowledged on this trial.
- Contributor to ‘Cognitive Analytic Therapy - Active Participation in Change: New Integration in Brief Psychotherapy’ Wiley Series on psychotherapy and counselling.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Attachment Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health Treatment
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Personality Disorders
- Self Harm
- Young People’s Services
- Membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Registered as Member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accredited)
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council