I am an experienced UKCP registered psychotherapist with a transactional analysis approach. I provide psychotherapy for adults, couples and young people and I can support vulnerable and traumatised individuals with personality disorders, anxiety, depression and all other difficulties that can be treated using talking therapies.
Francesca Tonto is a psychotherapist at Priory Wellbeing Centre Harley Street, and Priory Wellbeing Centre Fenchurch Street. She specialises in anger management, anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD), couple therapy, depression, life skills, loss, redundancy, relationships, self-esteem, sexual abuse, stress, and counselling for personal and professional development.
Francesca is a membership of the British Psychological Society, the European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA), the UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
- Francesca graduated in Psychology in 2011 from University of Rome “La Sapienza”
- In 2019, after four years training, she obtained her qualification as a Psychotherapist, specialised in transactional analysis
- During her training, Francesca had 500 supervised clinical hours, an additional 250 hours of using transactional analysis – which could be clinical or in another setting, a minimum of 70 supervised hours or one hour supervision – 6-8 hours of clinical work, a minimum of receiving 160 hours of psychotherapy over four years
- Since completing her degrees, Francesca has been working as a trainee and volunteering in Italy for different hospital departments such as:
- Policlinico Universitario Agostino Gemelli Hospital, Neuropsychology Department
- Bambino Gesu’ Pediatric Hospital, Departmentof Child and Adolescent Mental
- Health Service, Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Clinical Psychology Department
Scientific publications and Conference Proceedings:
- Journal of Health Psychology 1 –9. ‘Locus of control’, health-related quality of life, emotional distress and disability in Parkinson’s disease. Federica Rizza, Annalisa Gison, Stefano Bonassi, Valentina Dall’Armi, Francesca Tonto and Salvatore Giaquinto, DOI: 10.1177/1359105315616471
- XIV National Congress SIRN 8-10 May 2014 Genova. “Locus of control”, health-related quality of life, emotional distress, and disability in Parkinson’s Disease” F. Tonto, A. Gison, F. Rizza, S. Giaquinto IRCSS San Raffaele Pisana
Clinical articles and research papers:
- Locus of control health related quality of life emotional distress and stability in Parkinsons disease
- Certified in EMDR - Practitioner Training Level 1
- Certified Psychologist by the British Psychological Society
- Certified Transactional Analyst Qualified Member. UKATA Registered
- Certified UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) psychotherapist