Gemma is a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist with over 12 years’ experience working with mild to moderate anxiety and mood disorders. Gemma has experience in working with depression, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, trauma, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and other common mental health problems on a one-to-one basis. Gemma has also undertaken training in mindfulness-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and recently has completed eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) training.
Position at Priory
Cognitive Behavioural Therapist at Priory Wellbeing Centre Aberdeen. Gemma is an accredited member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
- NES Generic Supervision Training (2010)
- NES CBT Specific Supervision Training (2015)
- BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist (2016)
- Mindfulness Based CBT Training (2016)
- EMDR Europe Accredited Training (2020/2021)
- 2006: MA (Hons) Psychology, University of Aberdeen
- 2008: MSc Psychological Therapies in Primary Care, University of Stirling/University of Dundee
- 2014: Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, University of Dundee