Main locationHeath House Lane
Gemma Mason is a psychotherapist, based at Priory Hospital Bristol. Gemma started working at the Priory in September 2020.
- Gemma has worked as a psychotherapist and counsellor for 20 years. She believes that everyone has the potential to achieve lasting change. She draws on a range of psychological theories and has specialisms on trauma, disability and psychological change.
- Gemma is client focused in her approach, working with the client to understand what they would like.
- She is a UKCP and BACP senior accredited practitioner, who has undertaken additional training in group work.
- Gemma is interested in the experience of disability on the developing sense of self and hope to in the next 5 years begin to research the phenomenological experience of having epilepsy.
Find a treatment location
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Eating Disorders
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Internet Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Plastic Surgery Addiction
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Shopping Addiction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Work Addiction
- Currently studying for a qualification in working with Children and Young people
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy – Exeter University 1995 (no longer registered)
- EATA – Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst.
- EMDR and Brain Spotting training
- MsC in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy