Giorgia is experienced in working with adults and young adults who present with a variety of mental health difficulties. These include anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating disorders, psychosis and personality disorders. She also has extensive experience of assessing and working with adults and adolescents that have suffered complex traumas and are experiencing suicidal ideation, emotional dysregulation and/or engaging in self-harming behaviours. Throughout her career, Giorgia has also supported clients presenting substance misuse issues alongside mental health conditions.
Giorgia uses an integrative therapeutic approach, which allows her to choose techniques from different therapeutic orientations that best suit the client’s specific issue. This includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Trauma-Focused CBT, Mindfulness and Psychodynamic approach. Shaping the psychological intervention according to the client’s needs, expectations and potential lays the foundations for the most significant outcome.
Giorgia supports her clients with commitment, care and compassion. She offers a safe space to allow them to be themselves, challenge their emotions and behaviours, and face change.
Position at Priory
Giorgia works at Priory Wellbeing Centre in Canterbury as Clinical Psychologist.
Giorgia is a member of the British Psychological Society, and a registered psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Personalities in Psychotherapy Summit, 2022
- Clinical Consequences Of Disorganised Attachment, 2022
- Borderline Personality Disorder and Traumatic Attachment, 2022
- BPS Supervision Skills, 2022
- Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) England, 2021
- CBT Practitioner Level 1 (Foundation), 2021
- Understanding Autism, Asperger’s & ADHD, 2021
- Suicide Prevention Summit, 2021
- Complex Trauma, Brain and Recovery, 2021
- Basic Neuroscience of Complex PTSD, 2021
As part of her training, Giorgia collaborated on the following:
- Clinical research’s design and set-up around schizotypal personality functioning and role played by severity of symptomatology in university student population, Kingston University London.
- The writing of book chapter on “Adolescent Psychosis: Early Diagnosis and Intervention” for the book Asian Perspective of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Kingston University London.
- Clinical research around identification of early predictive factors for psychosis in adult and young adult population at high risk of developing psychosis, Master Degree dissertation, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Asperger Syndrome
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Eating Disorders
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Spice Addiction
- Stimulant Addiction
- BSc in Clinical Psychology, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’
- MSc (Hons) in Clinical Psychology, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’
- Two-year theoretical and practical training course in Psychodiagnostics, Centre for Applied Psychology Studies, Institute of Training and Scientific Research CEIPA, Rome