I am skilled at building a positive and trusting therapeutic relationship with the client by being client centred; having the client’s mental health and welfare at the forefront of my practice. I work in a collaborative way with the client to achieve his/her treatment goals.
Glenda Taylor is an experienced therapist who has worked in the field of adult mental health for many years, practising in both the private and public sector, including NHS services. She has delivered cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) treatment in both 1:1 and group settings for adults experiencing moderate to severe depression and anxiety.
Glenda treats adults experiencing mental health disorders including depression, social, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and specific phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and complex PTSD. Glenda also has experience in treating BPD/EUPD. She is experienced in caseload management and risk assessment of clients who are complex in presentation. Glenda’s area of special interest is complex PTSD and the impact of adverse childhood experiences on the adult client’s current mental health.
Glenda is currently lead dialectical behaviour therapist (DBT) at The Lodge at Ticehurst; engaged in developing and delivering the DBT programme to enable those who attend receive the treatment to enable him/her to live a life worth living.
Position at Priory
Glenda has been employed as a full-time CBT therapist at Priory Hospital Ticehurst since March 2019. She also practices as an EMDR therapist for clients who have been diagnosed with single incident PTSD and complex PTSD. Glenda is lead DBT therapist, developing and delivering the DBT programme to outpatients at The Lodge.
Glenda has been a British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accredited CBT Therapist for some years. Glenda is qualified as an EMDR Practitioner with membership of the UK & Ireland EMDR Association. She is currently working towards accreditation with a suitably qualified EMDR Consultant. She is also a Member of UK Psychological Trauma Society.
- Key Issues in Overweight & Obesity; National Centre for Eating Disorders; London
- Mindful Resilience Enhancement; University of Salford
- Mindfulness Based Approaches with CBT; University of Salford
- Treating Trauma Master Series – NICABM; Online
- British Isles DBT Training: Two-Day Skills Training Workshop: Southampton Priory
- Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Skills and Theory; Manchester
- Anxiety Traps for CBT Solutions; Manchester
- EMDR Toolbox - Complex Trauma Workshop; London
- Effective Practice of Group CBT; ELFT NHS Trust London
- CBT for PTSD; University of Reading
- CBT+: Integrating CBT and Third Wave Therapies and Working with Trauma: Jersey
- Mechanisms of Change in the Therapeutic Process: Jersey
- British Isles DBT Training: DBT Intensive Training Course Part 1 (Part 2 June 2010); Manchester
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level I: Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defences, and Traumatic Memory; London
- BSc (Hons) Psychology: Manchester Metropolitan University
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Practitioner Training: Part 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Post Grad Diploma in CBT: University of Salford
- Post Grad Diploma in Counselling: University of Salford