Irene worked for the Priory as a Bank Nursing Assistant on the Eating Disorders Unit from 1999-2001 with the aim of gaining experience. After training as a Family Therapist, she returned as a sessional therapist and has been employed as a contracted Family Therapist since 2012. She is now the Senior Family Therapist.
Irene works to support weight restoration in collaboration with her colleagues (Consultant Psychiatrists, Dieticians and Individual Psychotherapists) and to emphasise the importance, for both patients and their close family members, of learning how to manage their emotions in healthy ways. She is interested in the causes of eating disorders and the part played by genetics.
- Irene is accredited with the UKCP as a Systemic Family Psychotherapist and with the Association of Family Therapy as a Supervisor
- MA - Psychoanalytic Studies (Tavistock Instite/University of East London)
- MSc - Systemic Family Therapy (The Institute of Family Therapy/Birkbeck College University of London)
- MSc and Diploma - Integrative Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute/Middlesex University)
- Post Graduate Certificate - Supervision and Consultation: Psychotherapeutic & Organisational Approaches (University of Surrey Department of Psychology)