I help those struggling with mental health problems by using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
62 The Avenue
Jennifer Claire Gask
Claire Gask has been a CBT therapist at Priory for more than 2 years and is provisionally accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). Claire primarily works with those with low mood, anxiety and depression. She uses CBT to help patients to look at how their problem evolved, to understand what maintains the problem and how to change how they feel, think and behave.
Claire has achieved a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology (BSc), and a Master of Science in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience (MSc). She also has a Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Clinical articles and research papers
- Perceived quality of life of children after successful bridging to heart transplantation. Wray,J., Lunnon-Wood, T., Smith,, L. Orrells, C., Iguchi, A., Burch., M., & Brown, K. (currently being submitted) Paediatrics.
- Ulrich Ettinger, Anne Schmechtig, Timothea Toulopoulou, Charmaine Borg, Claire Orrells, Sheena Owens, Kazunori Matsumoto, Neeltje E van Haren, Mei-Hua Hall, Veena Kumari, Philip K McGuire, Robin M Murray, Marco Picchioni (2012) 'Prefrontal and Striatal Volumes in Monozygotic Twins Concordant and Discordant for Schizophrenia' Schizophrenia Bulletin, 38 (1), pp. 192-203
- Rahman, Q., Collins, A., Morrison, M., Orrells, J. C., Cadinouche, K., Greenfield, S., et al. (2007). Maternal inheritance and familial fecundity factors in male homosexuality. Archives of Sexual Behavior
- Wray J, Orrells C, Latch H, Burch M. Quality of life, self-concept and locus of control in heart transplant recipients. Pediatric Transplantation 2011; 15 (suppl 1): 99-100.
- Wray J, Orrells C, Latch H, Burch M. The impact of dietary and exercise education on quality of life post-transplant – a randomised controlled trial. Pediatric Transplantation 2011; 15 (suppl 1):100.
- Wray J, Orrells C, Latch H, Burch M. Quality of life, self-concept and locus of control in paediatric heart transplant recipients. Pediatric Research 2010; 68 (suppl 1):268-269.
- Wray J, Orrells C, Latch H, Burch M. The impact of a diet and exercise intervention on quality of life after paediatric heart transplantation – a randomised controlled trial. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation 2011; 30(4S): S61.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Eating Disorders
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology (BSc), University of East London
- Master of Science in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience (MSc), Goldsmiths College, University of London
- Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions, University of Surrey
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Royal Holloway