I work as a family therapist to help families, families of choice and/or significant others to better understand and support each other. Family life isn’t always easy, and therapy can enable families to express themselves and explore difficult experiences and emotions safely with a shared sense of purpose. Family therapy can be an opportunity to talk about the challenges and the impact of words and actions on everyone else, and to celebrate what has worked and to maintain positive relationships.
Jenny Tozer has been working at Priory for three years as a family therapist. She is registered with the United Kingdom for Counselling in Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Jenny works at Priory Hospital Southampton seeing families, children and adolescents. She has experience working with individuals, couples and families at Priory Hospital Southampton and at Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton.
Jenny Tozer training interests are various and on-going, and include:
- A narrative approach – how people make sense of the stories of their lives
- Non-violence resistance – a method of various techniques to manage child and adolescent violence
- Training in domestic violence.
- (Advanced Level) Postgraduate Level in Supervision
- Certificate in the Theory and Practice of Family and Marital Therapy
- Certification of Qualification in Social Work
- Doctorate in Psychotherapy
- French Language (distinction), University of Reading and University of London
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Certificate
- Levels 1 and 2 in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- MSc Family Therapy