Joe Bernadello worked with Priory as part of Priory Hospital Roehampton’s and Woking’s Addictions Treatment Programme between 2003 – 2013, before recently returning to Priory.
He is now an Addictions Therapist at Roehampton and a member of the Addictions Treatment Programme Team providing delivery of a high quality addictions treatment approach to patients.
Joe’s role involves facilitating group therapy sessions, psychoeducational workshops and both family and aftercare support groups with individual outpatient therapy sessions.
Joe is a registered member of The Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals.
- “Working with problem drug users” in the medical model of addiction, training provided by the NHS at the National Addiction Centre at the Maudsley Hospital, London
- Psychodynamic counselling, Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Rehabilitation of Addicted Prisoners Trust (RAPT), Addictions Counselling / Shadow Hazelden Trainer
- Action on Addiction /Clouds House /Warminster /KCH /Bath to Post Grad Addictions Counsellor
Joe has consistently throughout his career kept up to date with numerous Continuous Professional Development (CPD) trainings.
- Joe has always been interested in aftercare research post-treatment. He has looked at the impact of contributory relapse factors and the outcomes of 12 step treatment with the added factor of self-efficacy awareness built in.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Shopping Addiction
- Spice Addiction
- Stimulant Addiction
- Work Addiction
- Addictions Counselling Diploma
- Post Grad Dip Addictions Counselling
- Psychodynamic Counselling Certificate/Diploma