I am a professionally accredited British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) counsellor with 15 years of experience. I will work collaboratively with you and I have strong experience working with a range of issues, including depression and anxiety, anger issues, social anxiety, low self-esteem, low self-confidence and perceived interpersonal difficulties. I currently only offer therapy to adults.
My particular way of working is aligned with psychodynamic therapy and unconscious process. I work relationally with whatever you bring to our therapy sessions, to help improve self-awareness within a safe and confidential environment. My goal is to create a place where you feel you can build trust, which can allow you to start exploring difficult and perhaps unwanted feelings in your life, without the fear of judgement or criticism.
I have experience in working in diverse settings, from community and residential, to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services in the UK. I currently offer remote therapy only. I am in regular supervision and follow an ongoing programme of continuing professional development.
Position at Priory
I have been working at Priory Wellbeing Centre Manchester as an integrative therapist with a psychodynamic focus for 3 years. I have safeguarding and risk management responsibilities. I also have some clinical supervision responsibilities.
- Current training: Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy Training. Feb 2022 to Feb 2023
- BSC Psychological Trauma Studies, Queens University Belfast 2015-2019
- EMDR Part 1&2 April 2015
- Couples Therapy for Depression 2013
- Cert in Clinical Supervision 2012
- Dip Psychodynamic counselling 2007-2009
- BSC Psychological Trauma Studies, Queens University Belfast
- Cert in Clinical Supervision
- Couples Therapy for Depression
- Dip Psychodynamic counselling
- EMDR Part 1 & 2