My aim is to provide patients with a safe and confidential space to speak with me about their difficulties and develop an understanding of the problems that they are experiencing.
Psychodynamic psychotherapy can help patients to work through, and face, the underlying events, relationships, beliefs and fears which can cause destructive patterns, as well as feelings of being stuck, frustrated, lost and empty.
Areas of specialism include helping people suffering from anxiety, depression and relationship difficulties (including a difficulty in establishing and maintaining relationships).
Position at Priory
Joscelyn Raven joined Priory in 2021 as a sessional psychotherapist working with adults. Prior to moving to Priory, Joscelyn worked as a psychotherapist within the NHS and is a psychodynamic psychotherapist with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) specialising in one-to-one work with adults.
Joscelyn Raven trained for five years as a psychodynamic psychotherapist at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust and, as part of her training, received a Postgraduate Diploma in Foundations of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy.
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Bachelor of Arts Honours University degree
- Postgraduate Diploma in Foundations of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Registered Member of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)