We all experience difficulties, painful events, traumas and losses at some point in our lives, but knowing who to turn to for support and understanding can sometimes be difficult and can lead to feeling very isolated and alone.
Therapy can help you make changes that will improve your sense of wellbeing, your general health and your happiness. Whether you are feeling desperate, anxious, stressed or just need to clear your head, June offers a confidential, non-judgemental space to explore ways to improve your physical and mental wellbeing, your quality of life, relationships and more, allowing you to move forward with your life in a happier and more fulfilling way.
June describes herself as a person-centred therapist. She is registered and accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
June’s initial counselling training was integrative - she draws on a range of theories in her clinical work and she has a particular interest in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) techniques. June works in a holistic and integrative way, combining different theories and techniques in order to tailor individual sessions to work with any issues you may have.
During her time as a therapist, June has had the opportunity to work with a wide and diverse group of clients, including:
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Clients diagnosed with an autistic spectrum condition (ASC)/Asperger syndrome
- Unaccompanied asylum seeking children with UK Border Force
June works as a therapist/CBT therapist at Priory Wellbeing Centre Canterbury.
June has over 15 years of experience working with common mental health issues in her own private practice as well as GP practices and other NHS settings. June also has extensive experience working with issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, bereavement and relationship problems.
- Asperger Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Accredited member of the BACP
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Counselling Couples Certificate
- Diploma in Counselling survivors of sexual abuse
- University of Kent: Clinical Practice of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- University of Kent: Counselling Children and Adolescents