62 The Avenue
Karen has worked at Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton since May 2021. She typically works with adults who are experiencing anxiety and depression and who may have had difficult or traumatic childhoods, including experiencing sexual, physical, emotional and psychological abuse. Karen is an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adheres to its ethical framework; she is committed to continuous professional development and clinical supervision to support safe, ethical practice.
Karen offers you a safe, contained, compassionate space to explore the aspects of your life – past, present and future – that feel important to you, supporting your awareness of your inner world, helping you to understand how it was created, how it affects you today and how it can change. Karen might invite you to try Gestalt experiments such as dreamwork or chairwork to support your exploration, and will work with anything creative that you might like to bring to your sessions to support your journey. As you become more aware of yourself, you might become more open to change, if that is what you want to do; everyone’s needs are different and it is important that your needs are met in your sessions.
- Diploma in Counselling, The Gestalt Centre, London
- EMDR (Stage 1, 2 and 3), Richman EMDR Training
- Certificate in Understanding Trauma: Principles and Practice, Tavistock Centre, The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- DBT Essentials, APT Accreditation Level 2
- Certificate in Introducing Psychoanalytic Ideas on Violence, Delinquency and Sexual Deviation, Portman Clinic, The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust (CPD)
- Certificate in An Introduction to Working with People with Eating Disorders and Body Dysmorphia, Tavistock Centre, The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust (CPD)
- Solution Focused Thinking Essentials, APT Accreditation Level 2
To support my training, I spent 18 months volunteering for one morning a week on an acute psychiatric ward at Farnham Road Hospital, Guildford, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- Counsellor, EMDR therapist
- MBACP (Accred.): Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy