Kate is an integrative therapist and has had training in several different theoretical approaches that have become integral to how she works. She will use these as a way to deepen exploration and understanding, while providing a relationship that feels compassionate, respectful and constructive. She also specialises in working with trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and complex PTSD, and, where appropriate, will use a more structured, trauma-focused approach to help the person process what has happened to them. This follows a three-phase model of trauma recovery, focusing on safety and stabilisation, trauma processing and, finally, a period of integration and reflection. She is trained in several trauma processes including imagery rescripting and reprocessing therapy (IRRT), prolonged exposure (PE) and cognitive processing therapy (CPT).
Position at Priory
Kate started working at Priory in May 2023. She is an integrative therapist providing one-to-one and group therapy for both inpatients and outpatients. She is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society (NCPS).
Kate has completed various training courses since qualifying as a therapist, including:
- Somatic Trauma Therapy Training
- Foundations of Working with the Body
- Complex Trauma Certification Training
- Internal Family Systems
- Working with Dissociation
- Creative Methods for Working with Trauma
- Mental health and the Body – Treating Trauma
- Transactional Analusis 101
- BA (hons) University of Nottingham
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Traumatology and PTSD