My primary approach is person-centred, with a systemic understanding of problems. I also offer CBT, schema therapy and psychodynamic approaches.
Kevin Standish works as an integrative therapist which matches therapy to your needs and problems. He has more than 25 years’ experience in both individual and couples therapy.
Kevin trained as a social worker, clinical psychologist (CBT and systemic training), then as a couples therapist with Relate. He is also trained in EFT which is a structured approach comprising 12 focused sessions. He has core EMDR training and is working towards full registration with EMDR UK.
Kevin was addiction lead at Priory Hospital Roehampton and has specialist experience of 25 years in working with addictions, and couples who experience issues with addictions (drug, alcohol, gambling, sex).
From 2008 - 2018, he was Head of School in Counselling and Psychology Newham College University Centre, London.
Kevin is a BACP registered member (687106), and a registered social worker (SW38786) with Social Work England.
Position at Priory
- Psychotherapist since November 2018.
- EMDR (core training November 2019)
- Emtional focused Therapy for Couples (externship) 2015
- Published paper: The cycle of drug use in addiction: A pathological narcissistic organisation. Psycho-analytic Psychotherapy in South Africa, Vol 11 no 2 2003, p 50-61
- Psyssa Congress (1995) Paper presented: The dual hat: recovering from substance abuse whilst working as an addiction therapist
- Psyssa Congress (1996) Paper presented: A systemic perspective on adultery: An exploratory study
- Psyssa Congress (1997) Reflections on the use of recovering addicts as lay-counsellors: the Minnesota Model in Action
- Executive Member of Clinical Psychology Division of Psychological Society of South Africa (Psyssa): Position: Editor 1997-1999
Clinical article and research papers:
- Web based papers on academia.Edu. https://independent.academia.edu/StandishK
- Addiction Treatment
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Ketamine Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Personality Disorders
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Relationship Problems
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Stimulant Addiction
- Work Addiction
- B.Soc.(Social Work) Hons, 1983
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, 1992
- PGCERT in HE, 2010
- Post graduate diploma in relationship counselling, 2009
- Post graduate diploma in Psychology (Psychotherapy), 2002
- Soc Sci (Psychology) Hons, 1990