Linda K. Berkeley is an Anglo-American BABCP accredited CBT therapist and integrative psychologist and has worked for the NHS for 8.5 years in IAPT services. She is also a Counselling Psychology Trainee at the end of training on the Qualification in Counselling Psychology (QCoP). She is highly experienced in working with a vast variety of psychological issues – almost anything you can bring to therapy.
Linda works with people from all backgrounds and ethnicities and has experience in working with adults and children from age 10 upwards, substance misusers, in addition to those who have left cultic groups. She can offer short or longer-term work.
Linda is easily approachable, with a ready smile, an optimistic viewpoint, and an enthusiasm for life.
Linda looks forward to meeting you and congratulates you for having the courage to seek help with your issues.
Position at Priory
Linda is a fully accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and has been with the Priory since November 2018.
She is a member of the following professional bodies:
- The British Psychological Society (BPS); the BPS Division of Counselling Psychology (DCoP); and am on the BPS Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU).
- The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP)
- The British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- The Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
She is an affiliate member of the following professional bodies:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- The American Psychological Association (APA); APA Divisions 17 (Counselling Psychology), 49 (Group work), and 50 (Addiction).
Linda is also a member of the BPS DCoP Conference Committee.
- Fully British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP) Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Substance misuse; mental health and therapy for those who have left cultic groups
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Cocaine Addiction
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Eating Disorders
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Ketamine Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Work Addiction
- 1.Post-graduate Diploma Merit in Evidenced-Based Psychological Therapies (Charlie Waller Institute, University of Reading).
- 10.Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Children and Adolescents (British Psychological Society approved with Skills Development Service; current – expected end: early 2020)
- 2.Trainee Member of the British Psychological Society Division of Counselling Psychology at the end of training (Expected: 2020)
- 3.MSc. Distinction Psychological Therapies (Queen Mary College, University of London)
- 4.MSc. Psychological Counselling (London Metropolitan University)
- 5.BSc. Hons. in Psychology (University of Surrey, Guildford)
- 6.B. A. English (Schiller International University, London)
- 7.Completed training in Compassion Focused Therapy with Paul Gilbert
- 8.Certificate in Group Facilitation, the Gestalt Centre, London
- 9.Completed BPS training in supervision with Paul Grantham (Skills Development Service), Dr Linda Charles, and BABCP training in supervision with Mark Latham (the Newcastle Model)