I am passionate about helping others through counselling and psychotherapy. I work hard to diligently ensure that I provide a confidential, sensitive, person-centred, ethical, service to all of my clients. I have experience offering emphatic short to mid-term counselling and cognitive behavioural psychotherapy to adults and young people on an individual basis.
172 Edmund Street
Lisa has recently joined Priory Wellbeing Centre Birmingham as a cognitive behavioural therapist. Lisa is a British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) registered cognitive behavioural and integrative psychotherapist.
Since completing her first degree in psychology, at Wolverhampton University, in 2006, Lisa proceeded to further pursue her interest in psychotherapy. In 2013 Lisa completed a Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) Diploma Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling in Independent Practice, in Birmingham and went on to qualify as an integrative therapeutic counsellor.
Lisa gained further, specialised, experience, in multicultural settings, as a high intensity cognitive behavioural therapist following the completion of her Postgraduate Diploma in (High Intensity) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) at The University of Birmingham in 2016. This experience involved providing short to medium-term cognitive behavioural therapy for individuals aged 14 and above within an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) setting.
Through this experience, Lisa has worked collaboratively with numerous patients with a variety of presenting issues, including depression, anxiety disorders (such as generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) and social anxiety), panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and phobias.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Psychology (Hons)
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies(BABCP) member
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) registered member
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2, CPCAB
- Certificate in Counselling Theory Level 3, CPCAB
- Diploma Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling in Independent Practice Level 5, Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB)
- Postgraduate Diploma in (High Intensity) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)