Lisa Darnell joined Priory Group as a visiting psychotherapist in 2017. Since that time she has enjoyed working with adults struggling with anxiety and depression, trauma, bipolar disorder and various personality disorders.
She has also worked extensively with adolescents transitioning to adulthood who may be tackling a range of issues including anxiety and depression, poor self-esteem, problems with anger and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
Lisa Darnell is a highly committed psychodynamic psychotherapist who is able to provide evidence-based care to adults and late adolescents, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR).
Lisa’s rigorous training and experience enables her to work with a wide range of issues including trauma, anxiety and depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and bipolar disorder.
Lisa has a special interest in family dynamics and enjoys working with adolescents transitioning to adulthood, and parents dealing with the pressures of parenting.
Lisa Darnell graduated from the University of Cambridge in 1987 with an Master of Arts (MA) in History, after which she pursued a successful career in book and newspaper publishing.
She has always been passionate about mental health and retrained as a psychotherapist at the University of Brighton in 2010.
Prior to joining Priory Group in 2017, she worked with students at the University of Sussex Counselling Service and with adults at the Brighton Women’s Clinic and at the Rock Clinic in Brighton.
- Anger Management
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Accredited member of the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists (UKCP)
- Master of Arts (MA) History
- Master of Science (MsC) Integrative Psychotherapy
- Postgraduate Diploma Psychodynamic (PGdip) Psychodynamic Counselling