I aim to provide quality, evidenced-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) in a professional, comfortable and confidential environment. I’m aware that people can experience a wide range of difficulties in life, therefore I feel it is important for treatment to be tailored to individual needs. Using a collaborative approach to treatment by working together with the therapist, allows the client to make positive changes and move forward in life.
172 Edmund Street
Liz Saunders joined The Priory Wellbeing Centre Birmingham in 2015 as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. She provides 1:1 sessions of CBT working with a range of primary care mental health disorders and has a specialist interest in working with drug and alcohol addiction.
Liz Saunders undertakes 1:1 therapy with adolescents, adults and older adults and also has previous experience of facilitating groupwork programmes.
Liz graduated from the University of Teesside with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Psychology in 2000. Following this she completed a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Forensic Psychology, graduating in 2003.
She worked in a variety of roles in substance misuse and forensic services, where she gained a specialist interest in mental health. Therefore she undertook further training in this field, graduating with a Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Liz is a fully accredited CBT therapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP) and a registered member with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Addiction Treatment
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Cannabis Addiction
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology
- Full accreditation with British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP) as a CBT Psychotherapist
- Master of Science (MSc) in Forensic Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)