Lucy Honour has worked as a counsellor for 15 years and has introduced cognitive behavioural therapy to her practice since 2015. Lucy has experience working therapeutically with young people and adolescents in schools and child and adolescent mental health services where she has gained knowledge and understanding of neurodevelopmental disorders such as autistic spectrum disorder and attention defect hyperactivity disorder. She also has experience working with adults with anxiety disorders and depression.
Position at Priory
Lucy is working at Priory Hospital Chelmsford as a therapist on the adolescent ward and as a sessional therapist in the day hospital with adults and young people.
- Person Centred Counselling Diploma (Accredited with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) The Colchester Institute, Colchester.
- Post graduate Diploma in Systemic Family Practice – Institute of Family Therapy, London
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy– Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Kings College London.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Gender Dysphoria
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Young People’s Services
- Person Centred Counselling (Accredited with BACP)
- Post graduate Diploma in Systemic Family Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CYP IAPT)