Healthy living starts with healthy eating. I am here to help and support patients to start their journey of self-acceptance and win their battles against their eating disorder.
Maria is a registered dietician working for Life Works since June 2020. Maria has firstly joined Priory group in July 2019 working as a dietician at Mildmay Oaks, a mental health rehabilitation clinic for people with learning disabilities.
Prior to moving to the UK, Maria worked in a private community centre in Cyprus, working with people who have a variety of health issues including diabetes mellitus, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome and metabolic diseases like dyslipidaemia and high blood pressure. She is passionate about supporting individuals to understand their eating habits and encounter their fears that eating disorder creates. She hopes by doing so, these individuals can enjoy a fulfilling life and special moments with their loved ones.
- BSc in Dietetics and Nutrition. Four years’ studies completed in 2015 in Cyprus
- MSc in Clinical Dietetics completed in 2016.
- Eating disorders four days training completed in February 2021.
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems focusing on Eating disorders, depression, ADHD, OCD, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and PTSD. Distance learning. Completed in November 2020
- Introduction to Mental health, eating disorders and learning disabilities course provided by British Dietetic association, completed in November 2020.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Practitioner Certificate. Online on-going training.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Master of Science (MSc) in Clinical Dietetics
- Member with British Dietetic Association and Mental Health Specialist Group
- Registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)