Maria is a qualified and experienced integrative counsellor and cognitive behavioural therapist working with Priory’s online therapy service. Maria has experience of working both in an NHS and private setting, with people of all ages suffering from a range of mental health problems, from relationship issues, anxiety disorders, depression, and childhood trauma.
Maria has extensive experience in working with clients on a one-to-one basis and in a group setting at an NHS bariatric weight management service and has specialist training for people who have a complex relationship with food. Maria also has extensive experience of working in the prison service where she worked on a specialist drug rehabilitation unit and co-facilitated groups on drug and alcohol addiction.
As both an integrative and cognitive behaviour therapist, Maria is able to draw on many different theories in addition to the CBT, including psychodynamic, person-centred, and humanistic.
Position at Priory
Maria has been working as a therapist for Altrincham since May 2022.
- Maria holds a certificate and diploma in integrative counselling (postgraduate level) and is a fully registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Maria also has a postgraduate diploma in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and is a registered and accredited member of the BABCP.
- Maria has specialist training in the psychopathology of obesity, relapse prevention and addictive behaviour.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Food Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Certificate in counselling and psychotherapy
- Dip (postgraduate Level) integrative counselling and psychotherapy
- PGDip (postgraduate diploma) psychological therapies: cognitive behaviour therapy