Mary Hill is an Integrative Therapist and Counselling Psychologist in training, and as such draws from a range of modalities including person centred, cognitive behaviour therapy and relational psychodynamic approaches. Mary works relationally, placing the unique experiences and qualities of each person at the centre of her work. She works alongside each person to develop a shared understanding of their experiences, and to work towards change in a way which is evidence based and in line with their needs and goals.
Position at Priory
Mary joined the Therapy Services team at Priory Hospital Bristol in 2018. She brings with her several years’ experience working in a variety of mental health settings, including NHS primary care, specialist services and the charity sector, as well as in the corporate sector.
Additionally, Mary has taught and lectured at UWE on aspects of psychotherapy theory and practice.
Mary completed her Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology in 2017; she is in the final stages of being awarded her doctorate and subsequent Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration as a Counselling Psychologist. Mary is a registered member of both the British Psychological Society (BPS) and British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Training received in:
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- CFT (Compassion Focussed Therapy)
- DBT (Dialectic Behaviour Therapy)
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Mary’s doctoral research focused on aspects of power, gender and difference. She has a continued interest in research and exploration of experiences of ‘otherness’.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- BSc(Hons) Psychology (Stoke-on-Trent)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (London)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Studies (Bristol, UWE)
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (awaiting examination by viva voce) (Bristol, UWE)