As a qualified Art Therapist, I am experienced in facilitating both individual and group therapy. I aim to use the creative process to improve my patients’ resilience, mental health and emotional wellbeing by placing them at the centre of their therapy.
Megan Belcher is a qualified Art Therapist working in the child and adolescent outpatient team at Chelmsford. She is registered with the Health Care Professions Council and is a member of The British Association of Art Therapists.
Megan has experience working in a number of different settings with children, young people and their families.
Megan holds a Masters Degree in Art Therapy with distinction from the University of Hertfordshire. She also gained a BA Fine Art Degree with Honours from the University of Portsmouth.
Megan is currently contributing to a new publication on Paediatric Art Therapy, writing two chapters on her work within an NHS hospital.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- BA (Hons) Fine Art - Upper Second Class Honours
- MA Art Therapy - Distinction