Michele believes that therapy offers people the opportunity to grow an honest awareness of themselves in relation to others. She uses an integrated approach to help clients to find their true selves when they have adapted themselves to fit into families or environments that have not acknowledged or met their needs. She works with the parent, adult, child concepts of transactional analysis (Eric Berne) to reach the inner child. She helps clients to heal themselves in the present day by understanding and giving themselves the recognition and love that they didn’t get in the past.
Michele is a qualified therapist and supervisor. She has over 20 years’ extensive experience of working in the mental health and addiction fields, within the NHS, voluntary sector and private practice. She gained a great deal of her experience working with Mind, the leading mental health charity in the UK. She also has considerable experience working with young people at Off the Record, Bristol Children's Hospital and has also worked as a school counsellor for many years. Her greatest areas of interest are helping people recover from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), especially those with a history of addiction or mental ill health. She supervises students and practitioners working with young people and adults with mental health and addiction issues.
Position at Priory
Michele has been working at Priory Hospital Bristol since December 2021 and works as an integrative therapist with the addiction therapy and general psychiatry teams, providing group and one-to-one therapy. She is a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and has recently applied for accreditation.
Michele trained in counselling and psychotherapy at Bristol University has gone on to train in working with children and adults who have trauma and addictions, using a variety of approaches such as transactional analysis, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and play therapy.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sex and Love Addiction
- BA Hons – University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Counselling – Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Focused Trauma Therapy – University of Reading
- Certificate in Principles and Practice of CBT – University of West of England
- Certificate in Supervision – Iron Mill Institute, Exeter
- Certificate in Therapeutic Play – University of Christchurch Canterbury
- Diploma in Trauma Therapy - Wealden Psychology Institute, East Sussex
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling –University of Bristol