I am passionate about working in mental health, I am person centred when working with clients and work collaboratively to find a solution to the presenting issues. My approach to client work is empathic, sensitive and warm. I practice Carl Roger’s Core Conditions mainly showing, congruence, unconditional positive regard, being real and genuine and showing accurate empathic understanding. I have vast experience in delivering culturally appropriate therapy to a diverse group of people.
Mwansa Curtis joined the Priory Group in April 2020 as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) at Priory Hospital Chelmsford. As part of the outpatient therapy team Mwansa is involved in running groups such as Introduction to CBT and Anxiety, as well as seeing patients for one to one treatment sessions.
As a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, Mwansa treats conditions including; depression, anxiety, Phobias, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Mwansa obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in IAPT CBT- High Intensity training, after graduating from Royal Holloway University in 2019. While studying, she worked as a therapist at Talking Therapies NELFT Barking & Dagenham NHS Trust.
- Mwansa has an advanced Diploma in CSCT Humanistic Therapeutic Counselling Programme from South East Essex Collage. She worked in the counselling team at Terrence Higgins Trust Sexual Health Charity London as an Emotional Support Counsellor, delivering culturally appropriate counselling to the Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME).
- Mwansa is accredited, registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). She is working towards her BABCP accreditation.
- Accredited, registered member of British Association Counselling Psychotherapies (BACP)
- CSCT Humanistic Therapeutic Counselling Programme – Advanced Diploma
- IAPT CBT – High Intensity Training – Postgraduate/Diploma
- Member of British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies