I have been a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist for 22 years. I also work as a Psychotherapist. I bring longevity and a range of skills and training to my work and I am realistic about the help I can deliver. I also think the working relationship with my patients and their families is the key to effective treatment, and endeavour to collaborate with my patients and other professionals.
Neil has seen patients at Priory Hospital Southampton for the last five years. He also sees patients at the Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton.
Neil has a Master’s Degree from Oxford University (1984) and qualified in medicine at Bristol University in 1984. He became a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 1990 and qualified as a psychotherapist registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy in 1996. Neil worked as a consultant within the NHS in Bournemouth from 1996 to 2002, and as consultant with the Health Service on Guernsey from 2002 to 2013. Since then he has worked solely in private practice, in Dorset and Hampshire.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- CAMHS Eating Disorders
- Conduct Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Young People’s Services
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B., B.Ch.) – Bristol University
- Master of Arts (M.A.) – physiology – Oxford University
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Registered with the General Medical Council (Membership no: 2927282)
- U.K.C.P. Registered Psychotherapist.