Nicola has over 25 years’ experience working as a therapist with adults. She has worked within the NHS and Priory as a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) therapist.
Nicola offers a structured approach to enable you to make lasting changes to your life. You will also learn CBT problem solving skills so that you can become your own therapist and maintain healthy ways of thinking and behaving.
Nicola specialises in treating anxiety disorders and integrates CBT with other approaches such as mindfulness and guided visualisations where appropriate. Nicola is also an eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner which works on how past events affect us in the present and can be useful for processing trauma.
Position at Priory
- Master of Science Degree in CBT and rational emotive behavioural therapy (REBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- BA (Hons) Degree
- British Medical Hypnotherapy Board’s Diploma in Hypnosis
- Certificate in Integrated Parts Therapy with Dr Brian Roet
- Certificates in Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR, Parts 1 and 2)
- Certificates in Mindfulness for Depression and Anxiety
- Certified Integrative Life Coach
- MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy