I enjoy walking and travelling and spent some years living with my family in the south of France, where I learnt to speak French. I enjoy practising yoga and have undertaken yoga courses in India specialising in meditation and mindfulness. I studied Art after leaving school and art continues to be a major interest in my life.
No.1, 3rd Floor
Patsie Franks is an experienced therapist with 22 years of working in Camhs in Oxford specialising in family work.
Patsie was part of a team of setting up a family therapy clinic in Oxford Camhs 20 years ago and have been an active member of this service since then. She has completed many related training courses on this subject .
In her role in Camhs, where she was a senior mental health practitioner, Patsie carried a large case load and was part of undertaking risk assessments and care planning and offering anc carrying out individual and family therapy.
Patsie has worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team and supervised and supported team members .
Patsie has had a wide experience of working with young people and their families with eating disorders and has worked in both in an inpatient setting and with outpatients in her time in Camhs.
Prior to working in Camhs, Patsie worked as a social worker specialising in child protection and safeguarding. Before becoming a social worker Patsie worked in a rape crisis centre where she trained as a counsellor working with woman who had experienced rape and sexual abuse.
- Patsie has undertaken training in CBT and CBTe
- Recently Patsie completed a course in DBT.
- Addiction Treatment
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Conduct Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Dysphoria
- Internet Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Young People’s Services
- 1.Diploma in Social work
- 2.BA in applied Social Studies
- 3.Systemic Family Therapy Training
- 4.Post Qualifying Child Care Award