I have extensive experience in a wide variety of clinical and social care settings, from NHS child and adolescent mental health hospitals settings, to schools and outpatient settings. I have been continuously involved in child and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapeutic assessment and treatment for over 20 years.
Renee is a qualified Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist and a Perinatal, Parent-Infant Psychotherapist, as well a VIG Practitioner and Supervisor.
Renee has worked at the Special Care Baby Unit at the North Middlesex Hospital, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Royal Free Hospital, the Perinatal, Parent-Infant Mental Health Service at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, the Swiss Cottage Special SEN School, and the nursery at Brookfield school, amassing a vast amount of experience in working therapeutically with infants, parents and young children.
She has also played a central role in carrying out expert witness assessments for court cases involving infants and children. She is a Video Interaction Guidance (VIG) Practitioner and Supervisor and has successfully used VIG as a method in her relational work with children and their families.
Currently, Renee also undertakes specialist-teaching work at MA Degree Level in Psychoanalytic Parent-Infant Observation and Nursery Observation Psychoanalytic Studies at the Anna Freud Centre/UCL and the Tavistock Clinic/ Essex University in London.
- Currently on Doctoral Research Training in Education and Social Work at University of East London
Clinical articles and research papers
- Peek-a-boo: Play and communication with a critically ill baby; International Journal of Infant Observation and Its Applications, 8:3, 235-245.Version of record first published: 21 Aug 2006.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Gender Dysphoria
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Young People’s Services
- All degrees obtained at The Tavistock Clinic /UEL London
- BA in Pedagogical and Psychological Studies
- MA in Psychoanalytic Parent Infant Observation
- MA Prof Psych-Psych
- Professional Doctorate level in Psychoanalytic Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy