Rob Chappel is a registered counselling psychologist at Priory Hospital Fenchurch Street. Rob currently works across various fields including the NHS, education and private practice.
Rob qualified as a psychologist 23 years ago. During the first few years of his present career, Rob worked exclusively for the NHS, mainly with clients suffering from a wide range of anxiety and depressive disorders.
In 2000, Rob was appointed to the role of head of inpatient therapy, dealing mainly with clients suffering from a range of psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia and bipolar affective disorder), and followed this by being appointed to head of psychological services to a busy London borough. The position entailed strategic responsibilities, overseeing the complete range of outpatient services for the borough.
For the past 18 years Rob has been employed as staff psychologist to a major London university. The work involved helping the staff deal with the full range of work and home-based problems, in particular how to deal with work / life imbalance, heavy expectations, relationship problems (both within the family and workplace as well as a multitude of other concerns).
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Gambling Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Work Addiction
- BA Hons Psychology (Open University)
- MSc Counselling Psychology (University of East London)
- Post-MSc Counselling Psychology (City, University of London)