I am committed to taking a personalised approach with each client I work with. I provide a supportive space in which to help clients understand and address their difficulties. I work collaboratively with clients and seek to tailor cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) treatment to best meet their goals.
Ruth Sandford-Smith joined Priory Group in 2017 as a sessional cognitive behavioural therapist.
Ruth Sandford-Smith undertook a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology in 1995, and a Master of Science (MSc) in Occupational Psychology in 1997, both at the University of Nottingham. Ruth has applied psychology within organisations since 1998, and continues to do so, providing support and input for those experiencing difficulties at work. In the last three years, she has trained as a cognitive behavioural therapist, completing a Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at New Buckinghamshire University in 2017. She has worked on a part-time basis at the University of Oxford Counselling Service since 2015 and spent a year in an IAPT service between 2016 and 2017.
- BA (Hons) Natural Science and Education
- Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Master of Science (MSc) in Occupational Psychology
- Provisionally Accredited Member of the British Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapists
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council