I have experience working in a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient, adult and adolescent mental health settings; working with individuals, couples, families, and multi-family groups in therapy.
Sarah has been working at Priory since 2012, facilitating body image therapy groups for inpatients with an eating disorder diagnosis. Since 2017, she has offered systemic therapy for individuals, couples, and family groups experiencing a range of difficulties.
As a systemic practitioner, Sarah has a particular interest in exploring the wider context in which the difficulties her clients are experiencing are located. Thus helping to deepen the understanding of the relationship systems within which our patterns of beliefs, behaviour, and communication have developed over time.
As a dance movement psychotherapist (DMP) practitioner, Sarah works primarily with clients who are experiencing distress around their body image. Sarah adapts and utilises experiential, body-based approaches to therapy – as well as talking – to assist clients’ cognitive, emotional, physical and social integration. In addition, she draws on psychoeducational approaches to body image as part of her work.
- Dance movement psychotherapy (DMP)
- Intermediate level systemic practice
- Multi-family therapy
- Specialist couples therapy
- Working with adolescents and eating disorders
- Body dysmorphia
- American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA) training focusing on dance movement therapy for eating disorders
- Complex trauma
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Exercise Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Young People’s Services
- Foundation and Intermediate level Systemic Practice, University of Bath, 2015 & 2017, & Member of Association for Family Therapy (AFT) UK
- MA Dance Movement Psychotherapy (DMP), University of London, 2010, & Professional Member & Licensed Private Practitioner with ADMP UK