Terri spent a number of years working for the NHS as a psychological wellbeing practitioner and cognitive behavioural therapist before joining Priory in 2017. Terri primarily works with those with depression and anxiety however is trained to work with a wide variety of disorders. She uses cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to help patients to look at how their problem evolved, to understand what maintains the problem and how to change how they feel, think and behave.
As an accredited member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), Terri abides by their ethical framework for good practice in psychotherapy.
Terri has achieved a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology with Counselling (BSc), and a Master of Science in Health Psychology (MSc). She also has a Postgraduate Diploma in CBT.
Terri trained at the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre and is therefore trained to work with a comprehensive range of mental health disorders which are not currently treated with CBT at NHS IAPT services.
Terri has completed research in the areas of positive psychology looking at happiness interventions, as well as working with children with brain tumours looking at their long-term quality of life post-surgical intervention.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Eating Disorders
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology with Counselling (BSc)
- Masters of Science in Health Psychology (MSc)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (PGDip CBT)