Dr Huke is a clinical psychologist, specialising in the treatment of eating disorders, on the child and adolescent ward at the Priory Hospital Altrincham. Through her training she has experience in a variety of psychological models, including cognitive behavioural therapy, compassion focused therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and the Maudsley anorexia nervosa treatment for adults (MANTRA).
- Providing Good Clinical Supervision – The Association for Psychological Therapies – Ongoing
- Family-based Treatment for Young People with Eating Disorders. Do we know for whom this treatment works and how this treatment works? - Masterclass with Professor Daniel Le Grange – 20th March 2023
- The Maudsley Model of Anorexia Treatment for Adults (MANTRA): Introductory Training for Therapists – 15th June 2022
- Psychological Characteristics of Two Neurodevelopmental Disorders: An Exploration of Anxiety in Sotos Syndrome and the Prevalence of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome (DClinPsy, 2020).
- The Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorder Features in Eating Disorders: Implications for Treatment in Clinical Settings. (PhD, 2014).
Links to clinical articles/research papers:
- Huke, V., Turk, J., Saeidi, S., Kent, A., & Morgan, J. (2013). Autism spectrum disorders in eating disorder populations: a systematic review. European Eating Disorders Review, 21(5), 345-351.
- Jones, W. R., Masood, M., Huke, V., Reid, F., Roche, J., Patel, M., & Morgan, J. F. (2016) Novel psychoactive substance use and internet drug purchasing in eating disorders. Research and Advances in Psychiatry, 3(2):33-43.
- Huke, V., Turk, J., Saeidi, S., Kent, A., & Morgan, J. (2014). The clinical implications of high levels of Autism Spectrum Disorder features in Anorexia Nervosa: A Pilot Study. European Eating Disorders Review.
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- BSc (Hons) neuropsychology (2009), University of Central Lancaster
- Doctor of clinical psychology (2020), University of Birmingham
- Doctor of philosophy (PhD) in the field of Mental Health (2014), St George’s University of London
- MSc Cognitive Neuroscience (2010), University of York