Willis is an integrative psychotherapist, registered with BACP based at Priory Hospital Hayes, with 25 years post-qualifying, supervised practice enables him to work children and adults and has been with Priory Group since August 2021. My work is informed by training in specific approaches and concepts to assist clients in making sense of their thoughts and feelings. Sometimes, thoughts and feelings may be difficult to put into words, so I use creative-expressive techniques to support clients to gain understanding and / or change.
Willis has 30 years background in health and social care settings with clients affected by bereavement, sexual abuse and identity issues. I recognise the uniqueness of each clients’ experience. My responses are relationship-based and from a position of respect for clients as individuals.
Links to clinical articles/research papers:
- Male survivors of sexual abuse: (Why black abused men are staying silent) -BBC article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48118278
- BA Social Work – University of Kent – 2019
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - Matthew Boulton College – 1994
- Certificate in Therapeutic Play skills – Play Therapy UK - 2004
- Diploma in Counselling – University of Warwick - 1996
- MA in Counselling -University of Nottingham – 2000
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Children – Quality Training UK – 2009
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy Supervision – Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute – 2005